The LB Weekly Roundup – 26 March 2021
Thank you to those who attended our weekly roundup webinar! The recording is at the bottom of this blog 👇
This week our Managing Director Sarah Alexander discusses Year End Tax Planning and Payroll, IR35, the Job Retention Scheme, plus much more…
Key points and notes from the webinar:
- As we head towards April now is the time to think about pre-tax year planning, doing the year end administration and filing the necessary forms to HMRC.
- Tax Planning Webinar – http://LBLink.uk/LBTP_PYETP
- Tax Planning PDF Guide – https://www.lewisbrownlee.co.uk/tax-planning-tips-2021
- It is time to look at the end of year payroll tasks for the current year and key changes affecting payroll for 2021-22. If we prepare your payroll we will of course file the necessary tax year end forms for you and keep you informed of any changes.
- If you are a medium or large sized non-public sector organisation and you engage contractors, you should now be taking action to prepare for changes to the off-payroll working rules (IR35) coming into effect on 6 April 2021.
- You can find more information about the actions you need to take to prepare here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prepare-for-changes-to-the-off-payroll-working-rules-ir35
- See our LB Talking Points video on the subject here: http://LBLink.uk/LBTP_IR35
- The VAT deferral new payment scheme is open for all businesses who deferred VAT due between 20 March and 30 June 2020 and still have payments to make, or who are unable to pay in full by 31 March 2021. Join from 19 March 2021 to benefit from the maximum number of 11 instalments.
- You can now submit your CJRS claims for periods in March 2021. These must be made by Wednesday 14 April.
- As announced in the Budget, the CJRS has been extended until the end of September 2021.
- The Restart Grant scheme supports businesses in reopening safely as COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. Grants will be available from 1 April 2021, but you can submit applications in advance.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any topics further, then please get in touch. You can call us on 01243 782 423, or email [email protected] To see our other Weekly Roundup webinars head to our Videos and Podcasts page, or you can subscribe to our YouTube Channel!
The next LB Roundup is on 9th April at 9.30am – To register head to: http://LBLink.uk/WKLYRNDUP_REG
The LB Business Broadcast – Podcast
You can also listen to our Weekly Roundup recordings on our Podcast!
It’s available on Apple, Spotify and Google – just search for ‘The LB Business Broadcast‘.